Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Wowee, Catalyst was really worth watching tonight


Dr Maryanne Demasi continues to cement her reputation as a thorn in the side of the medical profession in Australia, After tonight's broadcast she must be about as popular as a turd in a punchbowl. Unlike an earlier report by Demasi, I was more impressed than shocked by tonight's story, but I'm eager to see what shape the reaction might take. I loved seeing oncologist Dr Ranjana Srivastava, who was a steady beacon of reason on the current affairs debate TV show Q & A a while ago, a much better representative of science than the loud and annoying Neil deGrasse Tyson. If Dr Srivastava was a politician I'd be campaigning for her night and day. I'd even take the time to learn how to pronounce her name. I was delighted to see Dr Melissa Raven making an appearance on tonight's Catalyst, with her calm and carefully-chosen words. I was interested to note how many women were among the professionals bold enough to criticise the way medicine is practiced in Australia, and noted that Dr Peter Gotzsche was thanked at the story's web page for his assistance. Congrats, Dr Demasi. You are one to watch, for sure. 

3 comments:

moobs said...

I'm curious as to how far you got with the whole Daniel Tammet thing. I competed the same year as him in the WMC.

I'd be happy to converse further with you on this.

Lili Marlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lili Marlene said...

Thanks for your comment Moobs. That certainly sounds interesting, but as far as I can tell at this point, you could be anyone with any motivation to comment, and vice versa.