Friday, October 15, 2010

Lili working on her quotes again

I have just once again added more stuff to my page of favourite quotations. This collection includes a huge range of quotes; quotes that are thought-provoking, quotes that tell us something about the speaker, quotes from famous people who are included in my list of famous autistic people, quotes about the autistic spectrum including Asperger syndrome, quotes from autistic-seeming fictional characters, quotes about not conforming, some gems of misanthropy, and lots of plain funny quotes.

My collection of quotes has become so big that I'm wondering if it is of much use - I can't imagine too many readers would have the time to look through the whole thing, and I've thought of sorting it into categories, the most sensible division being separating the stuff about autism from the stuff that isn't explicitly about autism, or separating the quotes from autists from quotes from non-autistic folk. But I thought again - in the real world autistic people are everywhere, and are an integral part of society. And how can we be sure about sorting autistic quotees from the non-autistic ones? We aren't born with labels on our foreheads saying "AUTISTIC". Well, not yet. The gene scientists are still working on that project .....

Quotes That Caught Lili's Eye
http://incorrectpleasures.blogspot.com/2006/11/lilis-favourite-quotes-autists-are.html

No comments: