Friday, August 20, 2010

Stamp out one weird habit - and another one will surely pop up

Stop the press! Lili Marlene has given up the habit of pulling out hairs that she has had since she was a girl. This habit has a fancy clinical and scary-sounding name - trichotillomania. Sounds bad, doesn't it, like I'm some kind of maniac. This dire-sounding condition is in the DSM, so I guess I'm officially a nutbar, or at least a recovering loon. DILLIGAF?

Anyhow, I'm not popping a bottle of champagne open just yet, as I could revert back to the habit of a lifetime anytime. I don't think it is any coincidence that I've just noticed that I've been rubbing the back of my neck so much of late that the skin has gone all leathery and funny. You really needed to know that, didn't you? I'm pretty happy about this as a leathery neck is easy to conceal, and we must conceal our strangeness, mustn't we?

No comments: