Monday, December 05, 2011

Lili's Christmas Wish List




I want one of those cute little shopping bags that look like a rose or a strawberry when it is folded up.

I want to cancel my subscription to New Scientist and read Mad Scientist instead.

I want to find the right frequency to tune into radio station KLON, just to find out what music everyone else is listening to.

I want to introduce Kevin Rudd to Gregory Blackstock, just to see whether two baby-faced multi-lingual white nerds might strike up a conversation in Mandarin.

I want to feel the soft, heavy blue-green coolness of the sea on a perfect morning, and not get eaten or even sampled by a shark.

I want Golden Earring's entire back catalogue of CDs.

I want to be serenaded by the Choir of Hard Knocks singing Christmas carols written by Nick Cave.

I want to watch the great, the wicked and the crooked fall, to make way for something much better.

I want to know exactly when the traffic lights will be turning blue.


2 comments:

Mark S said...

And on December 25, let us not forget Grav-mass, Isaac Newton's birthday, when we celebrate the existence of comprehensible physical laws. Remember, Gravitation is a well-established scientific theory, but Intelligent Falling is just religion pretending to be science.

http://stallman.org/grav-mass.html

Love the Nick Cave wish -- but I hope you get everything on your list. And, am glad your comment found its way onto the thread for The Obsessive Joys of Autism.

Merry Grav-mass, Lili.

Lili Marlene said...

I hope your festive season is full of happiness, Mark. Please send my best wishes to everyone at Shift Journal, and your own folks.

Indeed Mr Stallman has some most original and interesting ideas. He's a gift.